Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What a Wednesday...



I love Wednesday's. For about three months now, I've been fortunate enough to have four day work weeks and take every Wednesday off. I spend the whole day with Lily. We can stay up later on Tuesday nights and stay in our pajamas just a little bit longer in the morning! Some weeks I plan field trips or play dates with other friends, some weeks we visit Nana and Papa for lunch at school, most weeks we go shopping at Target and some weeks we just stay home and hang out. But no matter what, the day is always about me and Lily. I love it. I also appreciate it. Other than the first three months of her life, I've always been a full time working mom. I had a little mental breakdown earlier this year (on my 28th birthday to be exact) and realized my life is moving way too fast! My baby is growing way too fast and I'll never get this time back. I picked Wednesdays because it is right smack dab in the middle of the week. It's not thrown in as an extension of a busy week-end that we usually share with others. It is a day for me to stop, take a break and enjoy my daughter. And that's exactly what I do.


Today was a stay at home day with the exception of a quick trip to Target in the morning. It rained from the time we got up until about 3:30. We got lots done today and checked off my list! I even got to vacuum and mop my hardwood floors while Lily was napping (Bonus for me! I love the smell of Murphy's oil soap.) Lily woke up in a great mood just as the sun was starting to dry things out a bit so we headed outside for some fresh air. Today was a great day. I love my Wednesdays with Lily.

1 comment:

  1. I love your post! I think it is so great that you take a day in the middle of the week to spend with Lily...I hope I can do that someday! I love those little rain boots you have on her - adorable! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete