Thursday, April 2, 2009

One of my favorite things...

I have a bad habit that I can't seem to break. I let Lily into our bed most morning around 4am. I have to admit I love it. I love her hugs, warm cuddles and watching her sleep. Sometimes, she doesn't wake up on her own to come to my bed and I go in and get her. Yup, I admit it, I walk in her room and grab my peacefully sleeping baby to come sleep with me. Sad, I know. But, I know I won't be able to do this forever. I get up around 7am and leave her in my bed sleeping until she wakes up and then I turn on PBS. She loves Curious George. Most days she stays in bed, watching cartoons, until I'm ready to get her going. Not today.

I was in the bathroom drying my hair this morning and the door pushed open. Lily came barging in and grabbed a hold of my leg extra tight and said "Hiiiii Mummmmmma!"

What a great way to start my day!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I can't wait to hear Lily's voice in a couple of weeks...think we can teach her to say Auntie Shelby?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She already does...Well, it's Auntie Elby. That's close, right??!!

    ReplyDelete