Friday, February 6, 2009

The Debut...

I can't believe I am finally doing this! I've always been jealous of creative people who make amazing scrapbooks, awesome blogs and keep detailed journals. I've always wanted to do them, but it overwhelmed me and I was afraid they would be no good or I wouldn't have time to make them good. Then, I got to thinking about a gift that I received when Lily was born. My mom gave me a babies first year calendar. It was so cute and easy. It was the 'Guess How Much I Love You' calendar and it came with stickers!! I didn't even have to think of things to say if I didn't want to!! Well, I did really good with that sticker calendar. In fact, I used all of the stickers and recorded all of Lily's "firsts." I even wrote extra memories on days there were no stickers for and Casey and I filled out the optional (don't get too overwhelmed) letter to your child. It was great. In fact, it is one of my cherished possessions and I hid it away so that Lily doesn't find it before she's old enough to appreciate it. The only bad thing about the calendar was that it was over in 12 months. As the new pages were becoming less and less it made me sad. Not only was my baby turning into a big girl, but our calendar was almost over. For the last 7 months, there has been something missing in my 'I want to be the best mom, ever' department and I think that this blogging thing might be the answer. I don't want to miss any more firsts and special moments. I want to keep track of them and share them with the ones I love. So, this blog is dedicated to Lily. This isn't just for her, but she is my inspiration for it. This is the start to the Webb Family blog.

Now, I also have to give lots of credit to Aunt Shelby. If it wasn't for her creative family, I probably would still have gone on in life never reading or following a blog. Shelby, her mom Renee and her sister Amber all have blogs...they are really good bloggers. In fact, I kind of feel like a stalker because as of today, I haven't met them in person (well, except for Shelby), but I feel as if I know them...really, really well. That's how good they blog!! Some of the stories Amber writes make me laugh out loud and I can tell Lily will absolutely love her M&M's! And, I will admit, I have used a few Kleenex's after reading Shelby and Renee's. They not only wear their heart on their sleeve, but they put it in their blogs, too! They are both so real and full of love. I can only hope that one day, my blogs will make someone laugh and maybe shed a couple tears too!

1 comment:

  1. I found you (!) and I have tears in my eyes! :) I can tell you're going to be a great blogger! love, Renee

    ReplyDelete