Sunday, February 8, 2009

When it rains, it pours...

I'm not exaggerating when I say that we, The Webb family, have had no real week-end plans since the beginning 0f 2009 (nothing even planned for the Superbowl!!). Honestly, it's been great. Since the middle of October, our life was go, go, go on the week-ends and it was a little crazy so the lack of social plans has been kind of nice. We would just decide who and what we wanted to see based on how we felt in the mornings! And then came this past week-end...

It all started on Friday. I went to work, as usual. Casey had the day off with Lily and he took her on a field trip. They went to Meijer and Sam's Club (this still brings a smile to my face and I would have loved to be a fly on the wall.) My husbands mission for the day was to buy Diapers (Pampers, size 4--I hand wrote it on a note for him that morning.) They went to Meijer first and bought $137.00 worth of 'stuff.' I say stuff because after looking at my refrigerator and pantry we sure as heck didn't get that much in food. That's really okay with me. I, also, have that problem whenever I go to Target. I run in just for wipes and apple juice and I come out having spent over $100.00. Anyway, while leaving Meijer, Casey saw my note that he put in the cup holder of the truck and realized he forgot the diapers. So, he thought he would just pull into Sam's and pick them up. Needless to say, he came out of Sam's with about 100 packages of Ramen noodles (I have never made Ramen Noodles since we've been together...I think he was trying to relive his college days), a case of water, 2 gigantic containers of Jif Peanut butter and a HUGE box of Huggies. Sorry Lily, you'll have to go a while without your Pampers, but at least daddy remembered your right size!

Shortly after they got home, Uncle Mike and Aunt Shelby arrived...Yay! Lily always gets soooo excited to see them. Shortly after, my Uncle Dan and Aunt Kris were driving by our house and saw the convertible with an Illinois license plate and they stopped over. Then I got home from work. Mike and Shelby had just left to go to Jason Brown's wedding rehearsal and Casey was getting ready to save lives at Hurley (this is the hospital that he works at, 3rd shift.) Not knowing that Lily had not napped all day, I decided to take her to swimming that night at Fenton High School. Lily loves to swim and always has. She is like a little fish. But, this Friday she was so tired the poor little thing could hardly keep her head out of the water. We only stayed half an hour and she was asleep before I walked out of the school.

We were up early Saturday morning...that's what happens when Lily goes to bed at 7:45 the night before! This was a big day. We went to Nicholas Pyle's 4th birthday party. There were 5 four year old boys, a one year old and Lily. I was thankful for two things that day. 1.) Lily is a girl. 2.) Lily is not four, yet. As we were leaving the party, we got a text from Shelby that Mike had locked his keys in their car (surprise, surprise.) This actually turned out to be pretty fun for me and Lily. We drove to the church and the wedding was just getting over. Mike had to ride in the limo and Shelby had to drive their car to the reception. There was about an hour between the festivities so me, Lily, Shelby and Nana went out for a 'celebration margarita.' This is the first time we had seen Mike and Shelby since they got engaged! It was fun. After that, we went and saw baby Madeline. Her baptism was earlier that day and we couldn't make it because of the birthday party. So, we went over and saw her later that evening. She is so precious. She is 10 weeks old and weighs about 10 pounds (I forgot how little they are.) We don't get to see her much because Valerie, one of my bff's from high school, lives in Tennessee with her husband. Lily loved 'baby madeline.' She kept pointing to her and saying "bayyyyybeee" and kissing her feet! It was so precious. On the way home, Lily fell asleep and left me thinking a bunch of really emotional thoughts. She is not four yet (thank goodness) and she sure isn't a little baby anymore. She is turning into a big girl. A big girl that I am so proud of. At the birthday party she was the only child that said please (well, it was actually 'peas' but it means the same thing.) Honestly, she was in a great mood all day and was an angel. Her little personality and sense of humor are really starting to show and I love being able to spend so much time with her.

On Sunday, we vegged around with Uncle Mike and Aunt Shelby. Then, we met up with the rest of the family for lunch before they hit the road back to Chi-town. When we got home, we went outside and played with Lily's pink car and we also took a stroll around the subdivision in the wagon. Thank goodness for nice, sunny days in the middle of February. I know we aren't done with the snow, but it was a nice treat and gives us something to look forward to.


And, that was our busy week-end in a nut shell. WHEW!! No wonder Lily and I are both yawning right now and are ready to go to bed. Good thing we don't have plans next week-end and we can rest up! :)

1 comment:

  1. Andra, I LOVE your blog!!! You are great at it and I am so happy that I have another one to read! And I see you figured out the backgrounds...much faster than I did, that's for sure! So good to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete