Monday, February 9, 2009

I kissed a girl, and I liked it...

No, no, no, I am not talking about the dirty Katy Perry song. Well, kind of. The lyrics remind me so much of Lily right now and her obsession with cherry chapstick! A couple weeks ago, I was multi-tasking; getting ready and doing my make-up in front of the mirror and having Lily brush her teeth in the morning. My routine was longer than hers and she was impatiently ready to head out of the bedroom and head downstairs. I was trying to stall her and so I randomly took my chapstick out of my make-up bag and showed her how to use it, hoping it would buy me a couple of extra minutes. Needless to say, Lily is now obsessed with cherry chapstick. She has to put it on every morning after she brushes her teeth. She now has her own chapstick because she doesn't put the cap on very straight and it drives me crazy. And, unfortunately to others, she goes crazy for it whenever she sees it...She now has her own chapstick and Nana and Papa's house and an extra one in her diaper bag. I learned that trick after going to Target last week and had to splurge on the expensive tube in the check-out line where she was starting to make a little scene.

I think of that song every morning that I kiss her goodbye and have a faint taste of her layered cherry chapstick!

No comments:

Post a Comment